Medical marijuana is the name given to cannabis and cannabinoids, which are recommended by doctors to treat many ailments or conditions. And if you don’t treat any of your discomforts or complaints with it, this is not referred to as medical marijuana. It is used throughout the world under the legal framework for various medical purposes.
Cannabinoids contained in marijuana plant are hundreds where each induce different effects to the bodies of the users. With the latest research into the health benefits of marijuana, its popularity with the stigma linked weeds has increased. In New York, you can only use medical marijuana if you suffer from certain illnesses under certain legal conditions and frameworks.
The different forms
If you choose medical marijuana, you must know it is available in a variety of forms. The product can be smoked, eaten in edible form or taken in pill form. You can get the product in any form that appeals to you. While for some people the pill feels more medicated, others prefer smoking, while marijuana is more likely to be made into biscuits, brownies or candy bars. Marijuana in pill form is called nabilone or dronabinol.
The diseases that can be treated with medical marijuana in New York include epilepsy and seizures, asthma, HIV / AIDS and Alzheimer’s. Each patient is advised to use medical marijuana safely according to the medical prescription. In short, this proves that if the given medication is taken properly, it can be beneficial to users body who are recommended to use it for medical purposes.
Medical Marijuana Benefits
Marijuana has countless benefits which make it be used for medical purposes to treat patients with various medical conditions or disorders.
1. Many diseases can be cured by this amazing drug and also some physical problems. Slows down Alzheimer’s disease, control epileptic seizures, preventing the spread of cancer, reducing the side effects of hepatitis C, treating inflammatory bowels, relieving arthritis pain, supporting chemo and much more.
2. Help patients who suffer from glaucoma. Studies show that it lowers the intraocular pressure and brings a little relief to those who suffer from the disease. It can also help people suffering from multiple sclerosis. It relieves pain and treats spasticity, and recent studies show it can help prevent the neurodegeneration associated with the disease.
3. It can help in weight loss. It regulates insulin production in the body and helps to control daily calorie intake more efficiently. If you have observed keenly, individuals who eat weed are slimmer than those who don’t. It also helps in the improvement of the body’s metabolism of the patient.
4. It can reduce anxiety and depression. A recent study showed that this amazing drug can act as a mild seductive and even improve greatly the user’s mood. For people who fear and have depression problems, marijuana can kick out fear and depression out of the patient’s head.
5. It is the best alternative to dangerous addictions. It has been found that it is easier to be drawn to marijuana from all other types of deadly drug addiction. In other words, it can save many lives that are prone to other hard drugs like cocaine and heroin.
6. It helps the user to improve the focus. Medical marijuana helps people focus on their work and increases their mental creativity. While it may not have been helpful in improving short-term memory, it helps to perform well in tests and makes you smarter.
7. It reverses the negative effects of tobacco smoking on your lungs. It has no harmful effects on the user’s lungs. Instead, it eliminates the effects of tobacco smoking if you’ve stopped it.
8. It is a good choice for relaxation and meditation. It is a good option for people with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD). It can actually help relieve the stress associated with PTSD.
The idea of medical marijuana has been around for years. In general, society’s attitude towards the drug has eased, as the war on drugs targets harmful drugs like crystal meth, crack cocaine and heroin. This trend is accompanied by a decrease in the stigma associated with the drug. It was once thought to be a drug for hippies and degenerates, but now it is just as likely that your neighbour can smoke it!